Sunday

The Reason Behind the Blog

Eight years ago, my beautiful little boy came into this world 10 weeks early. It was a distressing, difficult and emotional time - it was also the last time that he was ever early.

After his birth and during the difficult days that followed a social worker at the hospital suggested that I keep a diary to monitor his progress so that I could see the enormous strides that he was making. Being ever subservient (and scared to put a foot wrong in this scary place that was the neo-natal intensive care unit), I listened to her and started to write every day. Although we were in a place of amazing modern science with machines keeping babies alive and well, my diary was kept on old fashioned paper using a pen that I had stolen from one of the doctors no doubt.

Eight years later I have decided to bring that diary to life and to share our journey. I have also decided not to return the doctor's pen.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear the story. I'm so glad you're sharing it with us.
    As for the pen - I am eating icecream as we speak from one of a set of 8 white ceramic bowls that my sister stole, one by one, from various hospital stays. I feel triumphant whenever I use one. I am a petty little woman, I know. As clearly are you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Lana!

    Welcome to the blogosphere my bloggy friend.

    Bloggingly yours,

    Brenda
    xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to the above lovelies comments! Except My white bowls I bought, my glass on the other hand...
    xxx
    Ness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another story to immerse myself in - I cannot wait. It' a bit like Saving babies in that I know as bad as it gets it gets better - so I can tolerate reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should I start pilfering boxes of tissues from kindy ? Welcome to Blog World, oh yes, I'm an old hand at this now - ha ha ha. I'm looking forward to reading your story, thank-you for sharing it with us all. x

    Tara :)

    ReplyDelete