We laugh, we try pumpkin, we go gray

Sunday 19 August 2001
If it is possible for the cutest person on earth to get any cuter I just did it. After another late morning of 7:15 I was in the mood for laughing today. While we were at Dan’s house supposedly helping her move, I sat with dad on the couch and laughed and laughed. I laughed so loud that mum heard me from the other room and my laugh was so contagious that even my cousin started to laugh with me. My parents think I am the best baby in the world (and I am).

Today I also discovered my feet, not that I can see them properly but I am spending far more time with them in the air. Mum read that that is a developmental milestone so she is thrilled to bits.

Sometimes I catch my parents just staring at me or talking about me with huge big smiles on their faces. I heard them say that I am the best thing that has ever happened to them.

I had another good night tonight and did a long sleep from 9:00 – 2:00. That is now 3 nights in a row and I am feeling so much better for it.

Monday 20 August 2001 
Today mummy and I drove a long way to go visit Kim and Tiffany. I was as good as gold in the car on the way there and I prefer not to speak about the way back. (I screamed all the way from Chatswood to home).

Kim told mummy that I must eat nicer tasting food and then I will eat better so she gave me rice cereal with apple and mango tonight and I did eat it up – not a fortune of it but a bit!

Tuesday 21 August 2001 
Today I went to the clinic where mummy got the clinic sister to book me into Karitane day stay for a day so that they can help me take the bottle. There is a bit of a waiting period so I am only in for late September, hopefully by then I will not need it.

After the clinic we went to Eastgardens and I slept in my pram like an angel. Mum bought me heaps of food so this evening I ate pumpkin mixed with formula to make it nice and runny. I think it may have been delicious. The only problem is that I ate so much I am having difficult getting to sleep tonight.

Wednesday 22 August 2001 
This morning was a very cold and blustery day and after a shocking nights sleep mum and I decided that we should stay indoors. Mum phoned all the other mums in playgroup and managed to convince them to have the group at our house so we could stay inside and be warm and snug.

I had a bit of a nap and when I woke up I discovered that all my friends were sitting downstairs playing without me. This really made me a bit mad at first but then I calmed down and spent the rest of the time showing off how brilliantly I do not take a bottle.

Mum is giving me pumpkin every night now and while I am enjoying the taste it is giving me terrible wind at night (well at least I think it is the pumpkin or it could be the formula that mum mixes it with). So once again I am not sleeping at all well anymore and mum and dad are going gray again.

No comments:

Post a Comment