Sunday

Hysterical for the night

Monday 10 September 2001 
I had a great day running around with my aunt and uncle and cousin.

In fact I had a great day till nightfall. Firstly we had been out shopping far too late and by the time we came home it was really late so I was a bit out of sync. I had trouble getting to sleep and then when I woke up for some food at 9pm I noticed that daddy was not there. I thought I would let it rest until the next feed and so I did but then when I woke up he was still not there. 

Everybody had neglected to tell me that daddy was away on business for two nights. My night was ruined, I was a wreck. Mummy tried to put me in her bed, she tried to rock me, she tried to hold me but all I did was cry. I cried and I cried and I screamed and I screamed and I cried some more. 

I think I heard mummy’s heart break, I know she was not in the happiest mood. Eventually she thought that I was in some pain so she gave me Panadol. I slept for an hour and woke up again. It was a terrible night and when mummy had come to her senses all I could hear her doing was praying for the sun to come up because everything is always a lot better in the light of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment