Monday

I love my mother's bed. That is all

Wednesday 19 September 2001 
After another shocking night’s sleep I was actually not expecting to feel much better today and so I was not at all surprised that I felt whingey and uncomfortable at day. Mum had so many visitors drop in and I was just so tired.  I had a nap in the morning and when I woke up everyone said how good I was but mum and I knew that I was not myself.



I was just a bit fussy so eventually she hauled me off to our GP for another opinion and just to make sure that everything was allright. Dr T examined me and said that I definitely had a low grade infection or virus of some type and that my throat was very red. He told mom to give me Panadol for the pain and to keep an eye on me and if I had not settled by tomorrow to take me back. He also asked us for a urine sample. Do these doctors not realise how difficult it is to get a urine sample from me?

My poor parents are rather distressed about my illness so they are being extra especially kind to me. When I came home from the doctor I fell asleep in mum’s arms and she let me just lie there. Usually when I fall asleep around 5 mum makes me stay up till after my dinner and bath so that I can go to bed at 6pm but tonight I just lay with mum on the couch till about 6pm. After I bathed and had my massage and was looking much better, not so pale and not so clammy I went to sleep. 



Mum was convinced that I would have a nice long sleep but lo and behold an hour and a half later I was up (this hour and a half thing is a pattern that I am quite fond of). Daddy told mum that he is sure that I want to drink all night because it makes my throat feel better, mum wanted me to sleep in her bed so that she did not have to get up all night so the upshot of all of this was that I got to sleep in my parents bed all night and I loved it.

It was the best sleep that I have ever had and mum was horizontal for the longest time since I have been born because she did not keep having to get up all night. A win-win situation all round although mummy is petrified that she is making a rod for her own back. I drank whenever I wanted, I lay in bed feeling very comfortable and secure that my parents were right there and all in all it was great, I did drink so much that I wet my clothes and my wrap and at 2am mummy had to change me but I was so relaxed and happy in their bed that afterwards I just put myself straight back to sleep. I hope that they are not just letting me sleep there because I am not feeling well.


No comments:

Post a Comment